You must take into account what the software needs to run, minimum requirements, compared with what your system has, compared to the budget you have when investing in it. The budget has to cater for all the stuff you need and would be commonly done to add a bit on top in case something goes wrong.
Firefox needs a minimum of:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later.
- An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable.
- For Windows 10/8/7/Vista: 1 GHz. For Windows XP: 300 MHz.
- For Windows 10: 1GB minimum.
- Hard disk space: 50 MB of available hard disk space.
All the software is located on my 2TB hard drive. It could go onto my SSD or alternate 1TB hard drive if my main was full.