To defrag a Hard Drive, you need to follow the steps below.
You have to defrag your hard drive to keep it in optimum condition. Doing this can improve the speed, and efficiency of your computer.
- You need to go on your Desktop, and search for defrag. It will then come up with All the available options, for defraging your hard drive.
- For me on my setup, i have multiple hard drives connected.
- Click on the hard drive you want to defrag.
- Analyse the hard drive that you want to defrag, then once its done, click on defrag, and wait for it to be complete.
Below in the screenshot order is the steps in which you need to take to be able to install LibreOffice and OpenOffice, I had to do the two rather than just one, because of technical difficulties. It is a simple process.
- Google Office Libre.
- Click on the top link.
- Click install.
- Click RUN.
- Follow the tabs as they open, clicking next when needed, making sure to read carefully all the small print and fine details included in each new window.
- Choose the relevant options.
- Click Finish and you’re done!
My test plan for the system, everything went according to plan, with only a couple minor hiccups, that were solved as quickly as possible, with simple fixes. The fixes were simply user error, and the system performed perfectly, as expected.
From my survey, i got a fairly similar result from all users. The results all said the same thing, meaning the upgrades people would like to see would be very similar.
In the slideshow below, you can fee from the first question to the last question. The results all say the same thing.
Is the system able to carry out your normal daily tasks?
Answer – 100% – Yes
Does the system’s speed dip when doing intensive tasks, due to the 4Gb of RAM?
Answer – 100% – No
Have you found any issues whilst using it?
Answer – 100% – No
Are you able to use the Windows 7 operating system effectively, or is it too out of date, give a reason why.
- ‘I find it too out of date, and feel asa though it can no longer compare to the newer windows 8 and 10.’ – Respondent 1
- ‘Too out of date. some software does not run on it.’ – Respondent 2
- ‘Windows 7 works fine, however it will need upgrading relatively soon as extended support is ending in 2020, leaving the system vulnerable from then on.’ – Respondent 3
- ‘it works perfectly for all tasks given’ – Respondent 4
Do all of the peripherals work?
Answer – 100% – Yes
How would you rate this system?
Answer – Overall 8/10
Upgrades to be done.
With the results i have been given, the change i will do is to upgrade the operating system, to ‘future proof’ the system a little more. As stated in the results, it is a bit outdated, and could do with an upgrade. This change shouldn’t be too expensive, as it requires only buying a distribution copy, and sharing it among all the systems.
Below you can see how to change settings in the Windows Defender Anti Virus software. I would recommend against turning any sort of protection off, as it puts your computer at a higher risk of being hacked. Simply open the interface, and choose the interface option.
It is important to replace consumables as soon as your done with whatever it is your using. Because you don’t want to leave it to the next person to do. Below you can see the steps i took to get some paper, and stick it in the printer. These tasks need to be carried out for efficient working to be able to continue.
Instead of deleting temp files myself. I have a program that will do it for me, CCleaner. (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) All i have to do is launch the program, analyze the results to make sure there isn’t anything i don’t want to delete there, then click run cleaner. It takes the hassle away from me having to navigate into the different files, and let it do it for me.